1. Pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award with their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogger community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award-winner, has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4. Post the rules.
The 5 blogs I choose:
A Silly Meme •
Marja from Palachinka has tagged me for this silly meme. Here is how it works, and keep to the foodie theme if you can:
Pick up the nearest book. Open to page 123. Find the fifth sentence. Post the next three sentences. Tag 5 people and acknowledge who tagged you.
Unfortunately, my cookbook is not nearly as interesting as hers. I am using The All-Purpose Cookbook—Joy of Cooking. I am reminded reading through it why I NEVER use this cookbook. It irritates the living **** out of me. First things first...the reading glasses. Ah! Here we go—the fifth sentence on page 123: Oddly enough, deep-fat frying is still another kind of dry heat cooking.
I ask you, who cares? I just want something fried and chocolate...NOW!
The next three sentences: Here the heat is not only transferred by the oil or grease used as a cooking medium, but by the moisture in the food itself—some of the steam from the food juices being forced into the fat and then out into the atmosphere. Among dry heat pan-processes, sautéing, page 253, uses the least fat. Pan-broiling and pan-frying are successive steps beyond sautéing and away from the driest heat.
*Yawn* I know you are all sitting on the edge of your chairs waiting for the rest. Sorry to disappoint you. Thank you, Marja, for making me dig out that book...my good friend, Jill, is having a tag sale this weekend. Maybe it is time to pass this one on! I am tagging:
1. Cake Chica from Glass Slipper Cakery
2. Emiline from Visions of Sugarplum
3. Lidian from Kitchen Retro
4. Dharm from Dad-Baker & Chef
5. Francie from Ramblings of a Frantic Home Cook